enjoy Rotorua’s famous single trails in the Whakarewarewa forest while working on your skills. Your options are:
Private Lesson = 1 on 1
You & Your Friends = as a Group
it will help if you are of similar riding levels or want to work on the same skills.
Topics we may want to work on are :
- Riding position for bike control
- Braking, when & how
- Pedalling, how to do it efficiently
- Cornering, in control & with speed
- Climbing, how to use less energy and do it faster
- Descending, in control, with speed, in style
- Gears, selection & shifting
- Choosing lines through single trails, what to look for
- Effective ways over roots, rocks and off camber sections
- Mastering drops small or large, stay in control
- Learning how to jump, do it with style and land in control
- ‘Trail specific’; looking at sections of trails
- or pre-ride a race course so there are no surprises on race day
Don’t forget it is your session, I will cater for your wants and needs.
How does my way differ from other bike skills lessons on offer?
- I will design your session around your specific needs rather than follow a set lesson plan.
- You decide on the duration of your lesson.
Why choose me as a coach?
- I love mountain biking and want you to enjoy it as much as I do.
- My teaching is based on personal experience as well as from studying at tertiary level.
- I raced mountain bikes for many year starting in 2006. I raced at national and international level and different disciplines; mainly: cross country, marathon, xterra and enduro.
- My qualifications are: Degree in Sport Management, Diploma in Sport Coaching & Post Graduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (PE, Outdoor Recreation and Health), Menopause for Athletes – DrStacySims
check out my pricing
022 4288 158
Annika Smail, Rotorua, New Zealand